HAve Faith

HAve Faith

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lift that Weight

Ever have one of those days were you just feel the weight of all the junk in the world?  For me it seems to accumulate until I just feel this heaviness...and if I don't give it over to God, it turns into anxiety. 

The things that have started to feel heavy for me?  A young daughter of a family in our church died in a car accident this week.  My daughter read me some very disturbing headlines from the news this morning.  A new class she has this semester has opened up all kinds of topics, and the realization that many kids are involved in drugs and sex.  Car problems. More car problems.  And so on.  Sometimes it just adds up to to much.  Without awareness it accumulates until I realize I am carrying dead weight that I have no business carrying.

I don't say this lightly or try to over simplify...but I throw up my hands and I give it over to the only one who is in control of it all anyway.  I MUST acknowledge this and let HIM have it ALL.

One of the ways I've learned to do this is through a specific time prayer I have weekly.  I guess you would call it "Warfare Prayer".  At the same time every week, I take time to go into each bedroom...my kids and the room my husband and I share.  What do I do there?  I lift up all my concerns, I give it all over out loud with a passion.  When I'm done, I feel like the weight is physically gone.  It's His, and I've made it so by crying out, because He WILL answer.

Do I say this so you can see how super spiritual I am?  No.  I am NOT super spiritual.  I simply have a routine.  I've made a commitment.  I know the needs.  Anyone who calls Christ Lord can do the same, and I hope you do. 

The world is a heavy place.  Sometimes it's just too much...and we aren't supposed to carry this load.  Give it to Him.  He's the only one who can lift the burden.

                                                                       ---Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment