HAve Faith

HAve Faith

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wisdom and Words

I admire my husband.  He's one of those rare individuals who always thinks before he speaks.  He always weighs out what he says, before he says it, and often chooses to remain quiet when he feels the words would do more damage than good.  How I wish I had that self control.  The writer in me often wants to just say it!

When I become passionate about something, I often have to bite my tongue to keep from speaking.  Sometimes I don't bite it soon enough!  Wisdom in words is something that's been on my heart a lot lately.  The importance of processing before I speak, and weighing out the words and their worth.  I would be arrogant to believe all my words have value, or are necessary to speak. Honestly, sometimes Jesus just wants me to shut up and listen.

This is one of the reasons I struggle with Facebook, Twitter and the like.  I don't think we need to say all that we say in these formats.  Honestly, I rarely scroll through FB anymore because of this.  As  Americans, in general I think we sometimes go to far.  We feel we want to be heard.  But I'm finding there is often more value in being quiet.  That is what God is working on in me, anyway.  Afterall, once it's out of my mouth, I can't take it back.

Don't get me wrong, there are times we need to stand up, but for the most part, we live in a society that speaks constantly.  I ALWAYS regret speaking before I reflect and listen.  Because often that still small voice is telling me to be still, and let Him be God.

No comments:

Post a Comment