HAve Faith

HAve Faith

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cast Your Anxiety

Anyone else struggle with middle of the night anxiety?  I have on and off over the years.  This is one of the "on" times.  It's so frustrating because you feel like you don't have control at night.  When I'm worrying I'm in and out of consciousness and can't seem to be rational enough to release it to God.  I wake up with a sore mouth from clenching, tight muscles and chest.  And often I feel defeated. 

But then I do what I did this morning.  Get up, get my gunpowder green tea and the Bible and read, and pray and listen.  This morning I was reminded that HE overrides all that stuff.  In the light of day, all the worries of night seem very far away and His presence and truth are real.  Slowly the anxious residue from the night seeps away.

I'm also reminded that this walk is not about me concurring all my struggles in my strength, and it's not about how I'm doing, but it's about Him doing everything through me and in spite of me.  I am a broken and world-torn vessel, He is the perfect peace who reigns in spite of me and my down falls.

Sheww!  Am I ever thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment